Wednesday, 13 April 2016

First month at the FAU

When I entered to architecture was very weird, because before i had been studying anthropology for a year, so the ambient change affected me. In anthropology I was on a only one big campus  in which were all schools,  but FAU is just one school, so I think it's quite small. Here we are very tight, and sometimes we need more classrooms. When i decided study architecture I knew that it would be very hard, but i never thought that it would be so hard. However I heard that it's just the first year. The first days of class were really very exciting,  I already wanted to draw and go visit places of santiago that I didn't know. So after a week  it happened and i was very happy for that. But obviously the work was not as simple as I mention.


In the first few weeks I have met very funny people. That's one of the things I liked in FAU, my classmates are very good people in comparation with my Antropology classmates. Unfortunately I missed the party of the first week of school, because I decided to visit the city and when I arrived to FAU they were closing the doors. Therefore for the next party I will try to arrive as early as I can. Studying in another city has been an totally enriching experience, but also very hard. I'm from Talca, where also are the career of architecture so obviously my parents wanted that I study there, in home. 
However, I don't discard the possibility to change of university,  because here I have a lot of expenses on materials and here also I need to pay for an apartment and another survival things. 
Anyways, I liked architecture, I wanted study this because I think that is a very holistic discipline and if ever i get bored, I can do another thing related with this discipline.

1 comment:

  1. Mario,

    WC: 319. A bit too many. You were requested to write 300 words. Good Mario, better late than never, I hope you continue feeling OK in this city. Please, pay attention to:

    When I entered (to) architecture IT was very weird, because before (i) I had been studying

    …In anthropology IT was on a only one big campus

    …When (i ) I decided TO study architecture

    …in (comparation) COMPARISON TO (with) my Antropology classmates.

    …and when I arrived (to) AT FAU they were closing the doors

    … has been a(n) totally enriching experience, but also very hard. I'm from Talca, where also YOU CAN STUDY (are the career of) architecture so obviously my parents wanted that I studied(y) there, (in) AT home.

    …and (an)other survival things.…

    Cheers,

    JC

    ReplyDelete