Thursday, 19 May 2016

Isabel Allende, a brave woman..


Isabel Allende is a very brave woman. I did not know much about her. Now I understand a little more about of his thinking, and their influence to write. I am proud to know that she is Chilean, and it is contributing to equality through their books. I think that she was very brave to declare herself a feminist at the time of 60’ in Chile, because in that time this country was very patriarchal. 

About of it is a Chile is a sexism country, I think this country are in process of development of the sex equality, although we have much to do about that. Chile is a very polarized country, because a part of the population have a lot culture of equality, and we see for example in families who rear their children in a "modern" way, with the same opportunities and equal treatment between boys and girls. Another examples are the relationships that men and women do the same things, like washing dishes, cleaning the bathroom or kitchen, or fix any home damage, and obviously they are treated equally each other. But there is another part of the population that still live like the 60´ in spite of being young, whit works divisions in where the woman do the home things and the men is supposedly the “breadwinner”. An examples of this are the families of this are the families that still very tied to strict religions. However I need to recognize that politically the country have progress on gender equality in the last time. With politics like “Zamudio Law” or with the incorporation of organizations like the “Movilh” in the state politics that looking for the gender equality treatment. However I really think that the country goes in the right way, but we need more development.

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same, Mario... our country is in a long proccess to improve in everything related with the sexism, but saddly this will take a very long time if we don't try to change this from the root of the problem... the thinking of society.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mario,

    WC:300. Excellent. Thanks for your contribution. You need to edit your text in amuch better way next time. Please pay attention to:

    …about (of his) HER thinking, and (their) HER influence to write.

    … and THAT (it) SHE is contributing to equality through (their) HER books

    … because (in) AT that time this country was very patriarchal.

    About of it is a Chile is a sexism country??? UNCLEAR

    …, I think this country (are) IS in process of development of (the) sex equality,

    … because a part of the population (have) HAS a lot culture of equality,
    …(An)other examples are the relationships (that) IN WHICH men and women

    … or fixING any home damage, and obviously they are treated equally (each other)

    …(whit) WITH work(s) divisions in (where the) WHICH womE(a)n do the home things and (the) men (is) ARE supposedly the “breadwinneSr”.

    An example(s) of this are the families of this are the families???

    … that ARE still very tied to strict religions.

    …the country (have) HAS HAD progress on gender equality in the last time. With poliCIES(tics) like “Zamudio Law” …

    Cheers,

    ReplyDelete